Javascript is currently not supported, or is disabled by this browser. Please enable Javascript for full functionality.

    Jul 12, 2024  
2024-2025 Catalog 
2024-2025 Catalog

Student Resources

  • Financial Aid
    • Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply, IVC Financial Aid Programs, Satisfactory Academic Progress, Return of Title IV Funds
  • Counseling Services  
    • Academic Counseling, Career Counseling, Personal Counseling, Drop-in Counseling, Counseling for: International Students, Student-Athletes, Honors Students, AB 540/DREAMers/Undocumented Students, LGBTQIA+ Students, Students Experiencing Housing and Food Insecurities
  • Veterans Services  
    • Veterans Services Center
  • Supportive Services  
    • Disability Support Programs for Students (DSPS), Learning Disabilities Program, Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS), Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), California Work Opportunities and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs), Guardian Scholars Program
  • Technology Support Services and Online Resources  
    • Canvas, WiFi Access, Student Print, MySite, Student Email, Online Educational Counseling, Online Orientation, Online Advisement, Online Education
  • Bookstore and Centers for Students  
    • Bookstore, AESL Center, Career and Job Placement Center, Counseling Center, English Language Center, Health and Wellness Center, International Student Center, Library, Life Fitness Center and Strength Training Center, Math Center, Student Success Center, Transfer Center, Writing Center
  • ASIVC, Offices of Student Life and Student Equity, Honors  
    • Associated Students of Irvine Valley College (ASIVC), Office of Student Life, Office of Student Equity, Honors Program, Honor Societies
  • Intercollegiate Athletics  
    • IVC Athletics, Conference Play, Eligibility, Transfers, Late Registration, Counseling for Student-Athletes
  • Additional Programs and Resources  
    • Outreach and Community Relations, Emeritus Institute, Community Education, Economic and Workforce Development/Contract Education, Guided Pathways, Chris LC Lee Testing Center, Puente Program, Student Ambassador Program

Financial AidPhoto of financial aid office staff

The Office of Financial Aid is located in the Student Services Center  •  Room SSC 130  •  949-451-5287

Financial aid is intended to help students pay for college expenses including books, fees, transportation, and other education related costs. The Office of Financial Aid at IVC encourages students to become informed about the variety of aid programs available to them. 

Basic Eligibility Criteria for Student Aid

To receive aid, you must:

  1. Prove financial need based on federal and state guidelines, for need-based programs.
  2. Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
  3. Be enrolled as a regular student working towards an eligible degree or certificate.
  4. Be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen. (AB 540 students: Submit the CA Dream Act Application if meeting AB 540 eligibility criteria.)
  5. Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
  6. Not be in default on any educational loan or owe a refund on an educational grant.
  7. Have a Social Security Number for federal aid only (AB 540 eligible students do not require a Social Security Number).

How to Apply

To apply for financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at The FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for all state and federal financial aid, including the California College Promise Grant (CCPG). AB540 students can complete the California Dream Act Application (CADAA). Both applications open October 1 each year; students should apply before March 2 to meet state Cal Grant, IVC Foundation scholarship and priority funding deadlines. 

IVC Financial Aid Programs

State Programs

  • California College Promise Grant (CCPG): A tuition fee waiver that pays for enrollment fees for eligible California residents attending a community colleges. It does not cover parking, lab, material, or health fees or ASIVC Access. 

    Students who are on probation for their last two consecutive semesters will lose eligibility for the CCPG. Students may appeal the loss of CCPG eligibility under the following conditions:
  1. Student has a disability and applied for reasonable accommodations with Disability Support Programs for Students (DSPS), but did not receive services in a timely manner.
  2. Student has made significant academic improvement.
  3. Student has experienced extenuating circumstances (e.g., accident, illness, or other circumstance beyond the student’s control).
  4. Student requests special consideration because they are receiving CalWORKs benefits; or DSPS, EOPS, veterans, or foster youth, or homeless services.
  5. Student has not enrolled at IVC or Saddleback College for two consecutive primary semesters (fall and spring) since becoming ineligible for the CCPG.
  6. Student was unable to obtain essential support services.

     Students must submit their appeal using the online dynamic form on the Office of Financial Aid website.

  • Cal Grant: A state-funded grant for eligible California residents. All Cal Grant award offers are subject to the approval of the final state budget. Applicants need to complete their FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application by March 2 each year and submit their GPA to the California Student Aid Commissions. For more information, please visit or the Cal Grant page on the Office of Financial Aid website.
  • Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG): A state-funded grant for full-time community college students receiving a Cal Grant. Funding is limited. 

Federal Programs

  • Federal Pell Grant: A federal grant for students who are pursuing their first undergraduate degree. Students must meet basic eligibility criteria of the FAFSA and demonstrate financial need. 
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG): A program that funds grants based on demonstrated exceptional financial need. Funding is limited and given to all students who meet program criteria until funding is expended.
  • Federal Work Study (FWS): A program that funds part-time job opportunities to students with financial need. Students must be enrolled in at least 6 units. Funding is very limited and is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Federal Direct Loan: Long-term, low-interest loans from the US Department of Education. Students must be enrolled in at least 6 units and must complete a FAFSA.


Irvine Valley College offers scholarships through the college’s Foundation and generous contributors. Scholarships are typically awarded using a variety of criteria as determined by the scholarship representatives, availability of funds, merit of application, and other distinctions. Scholarship information is available at

Students are also encouraged to seek scholarship opportunities from sources outside of Irvine Valley College such as their own or their parents’ employers, and clubs or organizations they belong to. 

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Federal and state regulations require that students maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to be eligible to receive financial aid. The purpose of this requirement is to encourage all students to progress steadily at a reasonable rate toward graduation, transfer or completion of their educational goal. The Office of Financial Aid at IVC will evaluate all aid recipients at the end of each term to ensure that they are meeting all components of satisfactory progress. Students must meet all of the following academic standards to receive financial aid:

  1. Maintain a 2.0 cumulative district GPA.
  2. Complete 67% of all classes enrolled.
  3. Complete associate degree by 90 units of enrolled coursework, or 45 units for a certificate program.

Students not meeting the above academic standards may be suspended and will have to submit an appeal for possible financial aid reinstatement. For more details on this policy, visit the Office of Financial Aid website.

Return of Title IV Funds

When a recipient of federal student aid (Title IV grant or loan) withdraws completely from the college before completing 60% of the enrollment period, federal law requires repayment of part of the aid received. The amount that must be repaid will depend upon the percentage of the semester completed. The Office of Financial Aid will notify the student regarding the amount owed and repayment options. Any aid recipient who needs to withdraw from any or all classes should contact the Office of Financial Aid before dropping. More information on the effects of aid recipients dropping classes can be viewed on the Financial Aid Policies page of the Office of Financial Aid website.

back to top