- Financial Aid
- Who Qualifies for Financial Aid, FAFSA, IVC Financial Aid Programs, State Programs, Federal Programs, Scholarships, Satisfactory Academic Progress, Return of Title IV Funds
- Counseling Services
- Academic Counseling, Career Counseling, Drop-in Counseling, Personal Counseling, Online Counseling, Counseling for International Students, Counseling for Student Athletes, Counseling for Honors Students
- Veterans Services
- Supportive Services
- Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS), Learning Disabilities Program, Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS), Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), California Work Opportunities and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
- Online Services and Online Education
- Canvas, WiFi Access, Student Print, MySite, Student Email, Online Educational Counseling, Online Orientation, Online Advisement, Online Education: Online Classes
- Bookstore and Centers for Students
- IVC Bookstore, AESL Center, Career and Job Placement Center, Child Development Center, Counseling Center, ELEVATE AAPI @ IVC, Health and Wellness Center, International Student Center, Language Acquisition Center, Library, Life Fitness Center and Strength Training Center, Math Center, Student Success Center, Transfer Center, Writing Center
- Office of Student Life, ASG of IVC and Equity Programs, Honors
- Student Life, Associated Student Government of IVC (ASG of IVC), Equity Programs, Honors Program, Honor Societies - Phi Theta Kappa, Psi Beta
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- IVC Athletics, Conference Play, Eligibility, Transfers, Late Registration, Counseling for Student-Athletes
- Additional Programs/Resources
- Outreach and Community Relations, Emeritus Institute: Classes for Older Adults, Community Members, and Lifelong Learners, Community Education, Economic and Workforce Development/Contract Education, Irvine Valley College Testing Center, Student Ambassador Program
Technology Support Services and Online Resources
The Technology Services Help Desk provides phone, and online chat support for campus technology and other computing needs to students. Visit https://tech.ivc.edu/ for access to online resources regarding user manuals on:
- Login Issues
- Email Issues
- Canvas Issues
- Password Resets
- Student Printing
Canvas™ is the college's Learning Management System (LMS). Canvas provides students with an online learning community along with other tools to assist them in getting the most out of their courses. Students participate in course lessons by accessing the Canvas site, located at https://canvas.ivc.edu. Students are able to interact with course content (including articles, audio and video, and submitting exams, homework, and quizzes) and interact with their instructor and classmates through various areas.
Instructors inform students at the class orientation or by email about how to use the Canvas system. Students officially enrolled in an online class may access the account at https://canvas.ivc.edu once their teacher publishes their course, with a valid user name and password. Students can view articles and videos about Canvas at the following website: https://tech.ivc.edu. Students can find technology support at https://tech.ivc.edu. Google Chrome is the recommended web browser and specifically required for certain features.
Irvine Valley College offers currently enrolled students WiFi access while on campus. If you have a WiFi-enabled device, you can access the Internet from most locations on campus. You will need to use your college email address and email password to login.
By logging into the Irvine Valley College WiFi Network, you are entering into a binding agreement to adhere to South Orange County Community College District (SOCCCD) Electronic Communications Administrative Regulation 4000.2.
Irvine Valley College's Student Print Queue system allows you to:
- Add files to your Printer queue from on or off campus
- Email a file to your Printer queue
- Pay with credit card
- Print double-sided to reduce your carbon footprint
- Make color copies
- Release print jobs at any of the student print locations at IVC
- Release print jobs at IVC that were printed at one of Saddleback's student print locations and vice versa
To be ready to print when you arrive on campus, you must first Register and Add Funds to your account. This can be done on or off campus. Officially enrolled students may access the account at https://printing.ivc.edu/myprintcenter/ with a valid user name and password.
Online Services (Including MySite)
MySite is the IVC web portal that provides students with online access to college services. It works across all platforms, as well as on mobile devices (eg. tablets and smartphones). Access to MySite is through the IVC website: www.ivc.edu. Use your student username and email password to log in to MySite for functions like:
- My Classes (Register for Classes; Make Payment; Refund Information; Shopping Cart; Current Classes; Change Grading Option; Unofficial Grades; Academic History; and Class Status);
- My Information (Matriculation: Assessment and Placement Results, Online Advisement, Online Orientation, and Placement Information; Appointments; Change Address; Reminders; 1098-T Information; and Fee Statement);
- My Academic Plan (MAP);
- My Email
All students are automatically given email accounts within 24 hours after applying to the college. User names are assigned automatically (customized names are not provided), and accounts are continued with no interruption in service so long as the student remains enrolled in contiguous semesters (excluding summer). Students may change their initial password and forward copies of their student email to another account (e.g., their home email) by logging into MySite. However, faculty and staff use the official student-provided email address to correspond. It is highly recommended to always check your school email at https://outlook.com/ivc.edu.
Approximately three weeks after the start of a semester, continuing students who have not enrolled in at least one class for the new semester will have their email accounts deleted. Students who drop all of their classes will have both their email accounts and any messages deactivated.
For the most current information about how to use student email accounts, students should log on to www.socccd.edu/email and read "Your Email Information" or go to https://tech.ivc.edu.
Example: If your name is James Bernardo, your user name is jbernardo0. Important: Student email accounts always end in a number. Your account name may end with a zero or any other number, but it will never end with the letter "o" or "l." Your student email address is: email@example.com. Your default email password is: Your PIN plus two zeros. For example, if your PIN is 3456, your default password is 345600. Your domain is: IVC-STUDENT. To change your password, log in to MySite. Under your profile on the right, click on "Change PIN/Password." Click on "Change Password."
Important Notice: Student email privileges are designed solely for educational purposes. District policy forbids personal, recreational or commercial use of college computers, e-mail and Internet services.
Online Educational Counseling
Online counseling is an extension of drop-in counseling. Students can access this service from students.ivc.edu/counselingcenter.
IVC's online orientation is available to students 24/7/365 from any computer with Internet access. The orientation provides students with valuable information regarding the many services, policies, and opportunities available at IVC. It is designed to give students a comprehensive overview of the Irvine Valley College experience. The orientation is fully accessible to the visually impaired.
Once students have applied to IVC and received their student ID number, they may access the online orientation through MySite. After students have completed their matriculation requirements, they may return to this resource.
IVC's online advisement is available to students 24/7/365 through MySite from any computer with Internet access. The advisement takes students step-by-step through the process of identifying which classes they can take during their first semester at IVC. Advisement is specific to each individual student and is based on recommended classes identified through the student's assessment results, educational goal, and personal interests. Students may review the advisement session multiple times, ask questions, and develop backup schedules from the convenience of their home or other location.
Students are eligible to complete the online advisement after completing their online orientation and taking the Assessment Placement Test and receiving their recommended classes (available for viewing on MySite). Successful completion of the online advisement allows students to enroll in their first semester classes on their assigned registration date and time.
Online Education: Online Classes
Online education is the process of learning, researching, and interacting outside of a campus environment. Online education at Irvine Valley College is conducted on the Internet via the college's learning management system (see below). Each class has a specific IVC instructor who serves as a personal contact to answer student questions, provide review opportunities, and administer examinations throughout the semester.
Students must meet the specific requirements of the course and participate responsibly. Any student enrolling in an online class is required to go to this website link for orientation information: academics.ivc.edu/DE.