- Financial Aid
- Who Qualifies for Financial Aid, FAFSA, IVC Financial Aid Programs, State Programs, Federal Programs, Scholarships, Satisfactory Academic Progress, Return of Title IV Funds
- Counseling Services
- Academic Counseling, Career Counseling, Drop-in Counseling, Personal Counseling, Online Counseling, Counseling for International Students, Counseling for Student Athletes, Counseling for Honors Students
- Veterans Services
- Supportive Services
- Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS), Learning Disabilities Program, Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS), Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), California Work Opportunities and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
- Technology Support Services and Online Resources
- Canvas, WiFi Access, Student Print, MySite, Student Email, Online Educational Counseling, Online Orientation, Online Advisement, Online Education: Online Classes
- Bookstore and Centers for Students
- IVC Bookstore, AESL Center, Career and Job Placement Center, Child Development Center, Counseling Center, ELEVATE AAPI @ IVC, Health and Wellness Center, International Student Center, Language Acquisition Center, Library, Life Fitness Center and Strength Training Center, Math Center, Student Success Center, Transfer Center, Writing Center
- Office of Student Life, ASG of IVC and Equity Programs, Honors
- Student Life, Associated Student Government of IVC (ASG of IVC), Equity Programs, Honors Program, Honor Societies - Phi Theta Kappa, Psi Beta
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- IVC Athletics, Conference Play, Eligibility, Transfers, Late Registration, Counseling for Student-Athletes
- Additional Programs/Resources
- Outreach and Community Relations, Emeritus Institute: Classes for Older Adults, Community Members, and Lifelong Learners, Community Education, Economic and Workforce Development/Contract Education, Irvine Valley College Testing Center, Student Ambassador Program
Outreach and Community Relations
Room CEC 1 • 949-451-5217
The Office of Outreach and Community Relations develops, coordinates and provides outreach services to prospective students, parents, and community members. The primary goal of the office is to attract new students, inform the community about educational opportunities, including career education and transfer programs, and to assist in the application process at Irvine Valley College. Services include campus tours; high school visits; presentations to students, parents, and community groups on admissions procedures, academic programs and student services; attending college fairs; and participating in community events and programs.
Emeritus Institute: Classes for Older Adults, Community Members, and Lifelong Learners
IDEA 205 • 949-367-8343
The Emeritus Institute programs affirms the importance of intellectual activity, critical thinking and creative expression for older adults. Courses are developed to stimulate participants’ intellectual and personal growth and to benefit their daily lives - personally, socially, culturally, economically, and environmentally. Emeritus class are held at off-campus sites in Irvine, Tustin, Lake Forest, and Laguna Beach. Emeritus courses do not count toward degree or certificate requirements, nor do they carry transfer credit to colleges or universities. Courses are described in this catalog, and the registration process occurs three times per year, in the fall, spring and summer semester. Brochures may be viewed online at academics.ivc.edu/emeritus.
IDEA 205 • 949-367-8343
The Community Education department is the responsive unit at the college and provides a breadth of opportunity for learning, training, enrichment and information. It offers fee-based, short-term, not-for-credit classes, workshops, career training programs, and events designed for professional and/or personal enrichment. Traditional in-person classes can be held at business, industry, and corporate sites, in addition to the main IVC campus location, in the evening or on weekends. Courses are offered three times per year, in the fall, spring, and summer semesters. During the summer, College for Kids offers academic and enrichment courses for students ages 5-18. The current class schedule may be viewed online at academics.ivc.edu/communityed.
Economic and Workforce Development/Contract Education
IDEA at ATEP • 949-367-8301
The IVC Department of Economic and Workforce Development (EWD), located at the School of Integrated Design, Engineering and Automation (IDEA) building in Tustin, offers contract training, including custom-designed training sessions and workshops that address specific skill and knowledge gaps with special consideration for the client’s own organizational needs. For additional information, contact the Office of Economic and Workforce Development at atep.ivc.edu/idea.
back to top
Chris LC Lee Authorized Testing Center
IDEA 102 • 949-367-8340
The Chris LC Lee Authorized Testing Center provides online and paper testing services for a broad spectrum of secure testing needs as a certified testing center. Services include testing for online courses offered by many institutions throughout the nation, as well as online and paper testing for Irvine Valley College instructors and students, and for candidates from business, industry and information technologies. The center offers certification testing in Microsoft Office, CCNA, MCSE, Cisco, CompTIA, Oracle, Novell, Symantec, Linux, A+, and other professional areas. The center provides a quiet, state-of-the-art environment. Further information is available at the center’s website: academics.ivc.edu/testingcenter
Student Ambassador Program
Outreach and Community Relations: CEC 1 • 949-451-5217
IVC launched its first year-long Student Ambassador Program in 2014/15 under the leadership and direction of the Vice President for Student Services. The goals of the program are to build a structured framework in which students can become familiar with the college, gain a working knowledge of the institution, and be visible in and useful to the college community. Ambassadors are required to attend training through which they are introduced to key stakeholders and learn about the operation of the institution. The IVC Student Ambassadors have become the face of the college and truly create a sense of community.
back to top