Law, Public Policy and Society is a broad and interdisciplinary program designed to enhanced student knowledge and understanding of a variety of topics such as Law, Administration of Justice, Business, Communication, Economics, Political Science, Public Policy, and Diversity. The Associate in Arts in Law, Public Policy and Society for Transfer is designed to prepare students for a seamless transfer into the CSU system to complete a baccalaureate degree in Law, Public Policy and Society. The program prepares students for law school and/or entrance into state, local, and federal government careers upon completion of the bachelor’s degree.
The Associate of Arts Degree in Law, Public Policy and Society for Transfer student completion requirements (stated in SB1440 law) are as follows:
- Complete 60 semester or 90 quarter CSU transferable units.
- Obtain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0
- Complete and obtain certification of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE-Breadth) or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
- Complete a minimum of 18 semester or 27 quarter units in the major.
- All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better.