Javascript is currently not supported, or is disabled by this browser. Please enable Javascript for full functionality.

    Nov 28, 2023  
2021-2022 Catalog 
2021-2022 Catalog [ARCHIVED]

Early Childhood Education for Transfer, AS-T

Students majoring in Associate in Science in Early Childhood Education for Transfer (AS-T in Early Childhood) build a strong theoretical and practical background working with preschool-age-children and their families. Students learn ways of meeting the emotional, physical, social, and cognitive needs of the young child. The program prepares students for immediate employment working as teachers or aides in childcare or other early childhood care-giving environments and provides a foundation of understanding and skills for those interested in careers providing services to children and families. Some examples of potential careers:

  • Associate Teacher in Early Childhood
  • Master Teacher in Early Childhood
  • Teacher in Early Childhood

Pursuant to SB1440, section 66756, to earn an AS-T in Early Childhood degree students must:

  • Complete 60 semester or 90 quarter CSU transferable units.
  • Obtain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework.
  • Complete and obtain certification of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC for CSU) pattern.
  • All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or Better (Title 5 § 55063).  A “P” (Pass) grade is not an acceptable grade for courses in the major.

Total Units Required: 24

* HD 7/PSYC 7 and HD 15/SOC 15 are cross-listed courses. Area credit given in one area only.

To earn the associate for transfer degree:

See Earning an Associate Degree  for associate degree for transfer graduation requirements.

Third-party credentialing:

Third-party credentialing may be subject to change without notice. This information is accurate as of the publication date of this catalog. For the most current information, please consult with the area dean.