Dean: Joseph Poshek
Academic Chair, Visual Arts: Julie Kirk
Faculty: Terry Chatkupt
The curriculum includes courses in digital photography, graphic design, typography, video production, 2D/3D animation, 3D modeling, game design, toy design and motion graphics. All courses in the curriculum are intended to develop the student’s understanding and appreciation of the historical, aesthetic, conceptual, and technical aspects of digital media and interactive art within the larger context of art-making. These studio-based courses teach students the fundamentals of a range of digital skills while developing an original creative portfolio in preparation for working in the industry or transferring to a four-year college or university.
Students majoring in Digital Media Art are provided with a rich foundation in design fundamentals while focusing on the creative process of digital art. Additionally, students are encouraged to explore a range of digital media art courses that suit their interests in graphic design, digital photography, video, game/toy design and animation.
The current Digital Media Art/Interactive Media Art certificate program includes a Certificate of Proficiency in Animation for Games. This certificate is intended to produce relevant hires for the games and film industry.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Digital Media Art/Interactive Media Art program, students will be able to
- Participate in class critiques of student projects and demonstrate a comprehension of the vocabulary and language of digital/interactive media art.
- Analyze and integrate the fundamentals of digital/interactive media art with art theory and aesthetics.
- Demonstrate a technical proficiency of industry-standard digital/interactive media art software to create professional design and multimedia projects.
- Apply a digital/interactive media art workflow including research, project development, and presentation considerations.
- Produce a professional digital media art portfolio.
Examples of careers in digital media art and interactive media art include the following:
- Animator for 3D Games and Film
- Digital Photographer
- Digital Videographer
- Game Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Motion Graphics Designer
- Pre-Visualization Artist for Games and Film
- 3D Asset Creator for Games and Film
ProgramsAssociate in ArtsCertificate of AchievementCertificate of Proficiency