- Academic Calendar
- South Orange County Community College District
- District Administration, Vision, Mission, Core Values/Guiding Principles, District-wide Goals for 2014-2020, Board of Trustees
- IVC President's Message
- About IVC
- Background, Campus Map and Locations, Governance and Funding, College Vision, College Mission, Irvine Valley College Statement on Freedom of Expression, Civility, and Mutual Respect, 2014-2020 Strategic Goals and Objectives, Irvine Valley College Institutional Student Educational Goals and General Education/Learning Outcomes
- College Administration
- Academic Schools/Instructional Offices
Irvine Valley College President's Message
From its early years as a satellite campus, to its independence in 1985, to the present day, Irvine Valley College (IVC) has been driven by a commitment to academic excellence and responsiveness to students.
Today we find ourselves at the forefront of the nation's community colleges that are working to ensure student success and completion rates. Our students are aided by the services we offer to keep them on track, through both the highs and the challenging moments of their college lives. We are very proud of having the #1 transfer rate among all community colleges in both Orange County and the state of California. As an added benefit to students, faculty and staff, IVC went smoke-free in 2015; for more information, please visit smokefree.ivc.edu.
Here are a few good things to know about IVC:
- Our student population exceeds 14,000, and includes international students from over 40 foreign countries.
- More than 80 associate degree majors and more than 60 career and technical certificate programs are available.
- We welcome veterans at Irvine Valley College from all parts of the United States. Our Veterans Services Center is established with providers and is top in the nation. The complete one-stop center offers services from certification to mental wellness counseling, to ensure our veterans are acclimated and succeed in their educational process. For the 6th year in a row, IVC has been designated as a Military Friendly School.
- We continue to build strong articulation agreements with four-year universities-including transfer admission guarantees, which are the key link in preparing students for transfer to the University of California and California State University campuses (as well as private institutions like Chapman University).
- Our vibrant honors program is a member of the UCLA Transfer Alliance Program. Students certified after completing the IVC honors program are given priority consideration for admission to UCLA.
- We have award-winning chapters of the honor societies Phi Theta Kappa and Psi Beta, and award-winning Speech and Debate, Model United Nations, and Administration of Justice teams. Diverse student clubs thrive on campus.
- IVC competes in 13 men's and women's intercollegiate sports. From the inception of the athletics program in 1990 through the fall of 2016, IVC teams have collected 22 state championships and 45 conference titles.
We hope you find that IVC offers flexible course formats and scheduling to meet a variety of needs. We offer full-length and abbreviated semesters, hybrid and distance learning opportunities, as well as instruction during the day, evening, and weekend. In addition, Student Success Centers are offered to provide an array of support and tutoring services that help you succeed, whether your goal is to transfer or to earn a degree or certificate at IVC.
As you explore the college and this catalog, it is my hope that you become more familiar with our programs, academic policies, and support services. Our doors are open to you. Please let us know what you need to succeed.
Glenn R. Roquemore, PhD
President, Irvine Valley College