The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    Irvine Valley College
  Nov 21, 2017
2017-2018 Catalog: August 2017 Edition

Credit for Prior Learning

Credit by Examination

Credit from Other Institutions

Credit from Other Institutions

Military Service Credit

Irvine Valley College will award a student six semester units of general elective credit for a minimum of one year of active, honorable military service. In addition, the college will award appropriate credit for work completed successfully in military service schools, beyond basic training, not to exceed 15 semester units, according to the recommendations of the American Council of Education as stipulated in the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services and with the approval of the specific department or school from which the units are to be awarded. Credit will be granted after completion of 12 units in residence and upon application to the Office of Admissions and Records. The American Association of Community and Junior Colleges has designated the South Orange County Community College District as a Servicemen’s Opportunity College. In order to meet the unique educational demands of active duty service personnel and their dependents, Irvine Valley College provides the following services: contract for degree; special counseling services; special tutorial services; and special service-oriented entrance, residence, transfer, and credit requirements. Interested students should contact the Counseling Center.